At present, under the invasion of various epidemic diseases (monkeypox, new coronary pneumonia, etc.), people from all over the world are in full swing with the global vaccination of all people, and the consumption of single-use syringes is huge. So, how to properly dispose of used syringes? Bo Yue is here to share with you.
The syringe is usually divided into three parts, the needle, the needle tube, and the core rod, but you may not know that some of the needle tube cannot be separated. According to the “Classification Catalog of Medical Wastes”, medical needles are classified as damaging wastes, and disposable medical devices after use are regarded as infectious wastes. A small syringe belongs to two types of medical waste, and now there are various self-destructing syringes, how to separate them according to the categories:
Syringes with separable needle and barrel:
1. The needle is stuck in the slot of the sharps box, separated from the needle tube, and the needle is put into the sharps box;
2. Throw the needle tube into the trash can of infectious medical waste.
Syringes with needles that can be withdrawn into the barrel:
1. Push the core rod to the head and withdraw it (the needle will be withdrawn into the needle tube with it);
2. Break the core rod;
3. Put the needle tube containing the needle into the sharps box;
4. Throw the broken mandrel into the trash can of infectious medical waste.
Syringes with inseparable needle and barrel:
1. Push the core rod to the head, withdraw and separate the core rod;
2. Put the needle tube that cannot be separated from the needle into the sharps box;
3. Throw the mandrel into the trash can of infectious medical waste.
Syringes whose needles, needle tubes, and core rods cannot be separated are directly placed in the sharps box.
It should also be noted that the parts of the syringe that cannot be separated from the needle are put into the sharps box, and the other parts are placed in the yellow infectious medical waste bag. Products like the medical waste collection box produced by Boyue Company are very safe, and there will be no accidents such as leakage and puncture, because they will test whether the products have standard puncture resistance and leakage resistance before leaving the factory. On the basis of safe use, Boyue also considers the convenience of use, such as the Sharps Container, which has a needle release notch on the lid, which can easily throw waste into the bucket. Of course, although we are a Sharps container manufacturer from China for Boyue products, their products are also certified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, so you can buy with confidence.
sharps disposal container free
needle disposal near me
free sharps disposal near me
safe disposal of sharps in hospitals
walgreens sharps disposal locations
sharps container walmart
free sharps container cvs