First of all, we are talking about the conditions that need to be paid attention to when selecting sharps boxes.
According to the sharp instrument used in the medical care operation, select the right size sharpware box, and the sharp instrument can be placed intact; Sharps box to meet the following requirements: durable, puncture-proof, anti-leakage, the needles, glass fragments, etc. can not pierce the sharp box; The selected sharp box is yellow overall; The outer surface of the sharp box is printed with a medical waste warning sign.
There are also many precautions when using the sharpware box, please refer to the following regulations for details.
1. The sharps box is assembled correctly and the lid is tight.
2. The sharps box should be placed in a conspicuous position close to the workplace as much as possible to facilitate and safe use.
3. The sharpware box is placed within the reach of the caregiver, and does not need to be sorted twice before being put in.
4. The movable sharps box should be placed at waist height.
5. The sharp box should not be placed on the bottom floor of the work cart, the nurse bends down to put the sharp object, the line of sight is blocked, which is very easy to cause stabbing during the insertion process.
6. After the nursing staff has completed the operation, the sharp instrument is directly put into the sharp box, and the shorter the interval from the completion of the operation to the sharpness box, the more effectively avoid needle puncture injuries.
7. Sharps boxes should not be placed on the ground, on the surface of higher objects, or in places where children and unconscious patients can reach them.
8. If it is a sharp box installed in the patient’s room, the height from the ground to the opening of the sharp box should be 132-142cm.
9. Designate an individual or group to be responsible for the routine inspection of the sharps box, and maintain the sharps box in each area, and the designated personnel should routinely monitor the marking line of the sharps box and replace it before the sharps are filled to the marking line. This reduces the spillage of sharps.
10. All employees who use sharp weapons must carry sharp boxes, and should use handles when carrying sharp boxes, or carry smaller sharp gas boxes with hand trays, and it is forbidden to rely on their own bodies.
11. Medical institutions should prohibit non-sharp waste from being put into sharpware boxes. Non-sharp waste will increase the disposal cost of the sharps box and create unsafe obstacles when the sharps box is opened.
12. Before using the new sharp gas box, employees should be trained on how to use the sharp box. Continuous training is included in the annual Sharps Prevention Training. Sharpware box manufacturers and medical institutions work together to conduct training on safe sharps discard.
Sharp box replacement and removal:
1. Sharps box is prohibited from being filled. Replace the sharps box when it reaches the marking line, and should be replaced when it is 3/4 full.
2. Make sure that the sharps box is closed before discarding, and locked so that it cannot be opened again, and the label is complete.
3. After use, the sharp ware box transport personnel are sent from the medical waste generation to the temporary storage place inside the medical institution according to the prescribed time and route.
4. Sharps box should be managed by a special person in the temporary storage place.
5. Do not discard the sharps box in a yellow bag to prevent leakage.
6. Before the sharps box is removed, if there is a possibility of penetration or leakage, it should be placed in a second layer of containers.
If you want to buy any products related to medical waste bins, please come to the boyue official website to find out, they have the most complete product types and specifications on the market, and can fully guarantee the first-class quality.
sharps waste container
syringe disposal container
medical waste containers
sharps box disposal
disposal of needles
used needle disposal