At present, affected by the epidemic, national vaccination is in full swing, and the consumption of single-use syringes is huge. So, how to properly dispose of used syringes?
First, we need to understand the components of a syringe, which usually consists of three parts: the needle, the barrel and the core. The needle tube and core rod of a disposable syringe are usually plastic, the core rod has a rubber stopper, and the needle is plastic and metal.
Different from ordinary medical waste, there have always been two views on the classification of used syringes. The first point of view is that the disposable syringes after use are medical wastes, and medical and health institutions should collect the medical wastes generated by their units in a timely manner, and place them in special packaging or airtight containers that prevent leakage and penetration of sharp objects according to their categories. inside the container. The second point of view is that medical needles are harmful wastes, and disposable medical devices after use are regarded as infectious wastes.
A small syringe belongs to two types of medical waste, and now there are all kinds of self-destructing syringes, how to separate them according to the categories? This requires specific analysis of specific issues.
1. Syringe with separable needle and needle tube
(1) The needle is stuck in the slot of the sharps box, separated from the needle tube, and the needle is put into the sharps box;
(2) Throw the needle tube into the trash can of infectious medical waste.
2. A syringe with the needle that can be withdrawn back into the needle tube
(1) Push the core rod to the head and withdraw it (the needle will be withdrawn into the needle tube with it);
(2) break the core rod;
(3) Put the needle tube containing the needle into the sharps box;
(4) Throw the broken core rod into the trash can of infectious medical waste.
3. Syringes with inseparable needles and needles
(1) Push the core rod to the head, withdraw and separate the core rod;
(2) Put the needle tube that cannot be separated from the needle into the sharps box;
(3) Throw the mandrel into the trash can of infectious medical waste.
4. Syringes with needles, needle tubes, and core rods that cannot be separated
(1) Put the whole thing directly into the sharps box.
In short, when disposing of used syringes, we follow the principle of disposal: the part of the syringe that cannot be separated from the needle is put into the sharps box, and the other parts are placed in the yellow infectious medical waste bag.
When collecting and disposing of medical wastes, they should be placed in special packaging or sealed containers that prevent leakage and penetration by sharp objects. Special packaging and containers for medical waste shall have obvious warning signs and warning instructions. To put it simply, it is sorted into light yellow medical waste packaging bags, sharps boxes, and turnover boxes with warning signs and warnings. (The form of the warning sign is a right-angled rhombus, the background color of the warning sign is light yellow, and the color of the border and warning is black. The warning should be used in combination with the warning sign)
If you want to buy related medical waste collection containers, you can go to Boyue’s official website. Boyue has specialized in the production of medical waste containers for more than ten years. All products produced by Boyue meet the standards because It has undergone multiple layers of strict inspections before leaving the factory, so the products can be well guaranteed. If you are interested in this, come and have a look, Boyue: https://cn-boyue.com/
disposable syringe without needle
disposable syringe 5ml
disposable syringe near me
disposable syringe 10 ml
disposable needle sizes
disposable syringe types
disposable syringe definition
disposable syringe 1ml