The surface of medical sharps is dangerous, and it is easy to be stabbed if used improperly. During medical operations, we should take special care to prevent the contaminated sharps from being scratched and punctured.
1. If accidentally cut and punctured by a sharp object contaminated with hepatitis B, hepatitis C or HIV, the blood should be squeezed out of the wound immediately, then rinsed with soapy water and water, and then disinfected with iodine and alcohol, and the wound should be bandaged if necessary. and hematogenous transmission
Disease screening and follow-up.
2. After being stabbed by sharp objects contaminated with blood and body fluids of hepatitis B and C positive patients, blood should be drawn for examination within 24 hours.
Hepatitis B and hepatitis C antibodies, and the patient’s blood was drawn at the same time for comparison if necessary. Simultaneous injection of hepatitis B immune hypervalent globulin, press
1 month, 3 months and 6 months of hepatitis B vaccination.
3. After being stabbed by sharp objects contaminated by blood and body fluids of HIV-positive patients, blood should be drawn for HIV within 24 hours. Next
If necessary, the patient’s blood is drawn at the same time for comparison, and the reexamination is carried out in 1 month, 3 months and 6 months, and related drugs are taken at the same time.
and report to the nosocomial infection department for registration, reporting, follow-up, etc.
[Procedure] Immediately squeeze out the blood from the wound → repeated washing → disinfection → wound treatment → blood test → injection B
Liver immune hypervalent globulin → notify the nosocomial infection department for registration, reporting, and follow-up
Prevention and treatment of sharps injuries among medical staff
The sharps that cause sharps injuries to medical staff include needles, ampoules, blades, suture needles, etc. The most common one is needle stick injuries.
The first is prevention:
1. Put the sharps and used needles directly into a puncture-resistant and leak-proof sharps box.
2. It is forbidden to walk around with sharps;
3. It is forbidden to put the needle cap on the disposable needle after use: if it must be put back, it must be operated with one hand
4. It is forbidden to directly touch the used needles, blades and other sharps with hands
5. It is forbidden to pass sharp objects such as needles by hand
6. For invasive diagnosis and treatment, during the nursing operation, it is necessary to ensure sufficient light to prevent being stabbed or scratched by sharp objects such as needles, suture needles, and blades;
7. Discarded damaged wastes shall be treated as damaged wastes regardless of whether they are used or not.
1. Report to the Infection Control Office, fill in the stabbing incident registration form, record the stabbing process, the name and model of the sharp weapon, the types of pathogenic microorganisms that may be contaminated in the next article, etc., conduct infection assessment, and take measures to block infection.
2. Carry out emergency treatment immediately after the stabbing accident; defend the proximal end of the injury to prevent microorganisms from entering the blood circulation, rinse, disinfect and bandage under running water;
3. Local treatment measures after sharps injury and blood contamination: clean the contaminated skin with fertilizer solution and flowing water, and flush the mucous membranes with normal saline;
4. If there is a wound, it should be gently squeezed near the heart of the wound, squeeze out the blood from the injury as much as possible, and then rinse with soap and running water: local squeezing of the wound is prohibited.
5. After washing the wound on the injured part, disinfectant should be used. Such as: 75% alcohol or 0.5% iodophor for disinfection, and bandage the wound; the exposed mucosa should be rinsed repeatedly with normal saline.
If you want to buy biohazard waste disposal containers, please visit Boyue https://cn-boyue.com/shop/, Boyue has many years of experience in manufacturing products in the medical field, a professional engineering team and a fully automatic production line, The manufactured products are sold to many countries in the world, and all meet international standards and are of reliable quality. Boyue is looking forward to cooperating with you.
handling sharps procedure
safe disposal of sharps in hospitals
aphd sharps container policy
safe handling and disposal of sharps policy qld
safe handling of needles and sharps
safe handling and disposal of sharps policy nsw
safe handling and disposal of sharps ppt
sharps disposal guidelines australia