Medical treatment is inseparable from sharps, whether it is surgery or simple infusion, it is closely related to sharps. As a highly damaging instrument, sharps are easy to cause harm to the user, so sharps injury prevention measures must be done well.
1. During the use of sharps
(1) Wear gloves when performing various operations related to blood, body fluids, secretions, and excretion. If necessary, if the skin of the hands is broken, people with HIV may wear double gloves.
(2) In the process of invasive operation, ensure that the environment is spacious and sufficient light to avoid the occurrence of sharp injuries caused by collision or light during operation
(3) When passing smaller sharps such as scalpels, scissors, stitches and bone chisels, the sharps should be placed in a sterile curved disc, and the nurse of the near-surgeon’s instrument should support the curved disc, the tip facing him, and the end of the handle should be handed to the surgeon. After use, the surgeon places the sharp object in the curved disc, supports the curved disc, the tip is facing him, and the end of the handle is handed to the nurse
(4) When passing large sharps such as electric drills during surgery, the drill bit or probe should be applied, the tip should be facing itself, and the shank end should be handed to the operator. The surgeon also faces the tip towards him and hands the handle to the nurse
2. After using the sharps
(1) After the sharps are used up, they should be directly put into the standardized sharps box. If the nurse pulls out the infusion needle, she should bring a sharps box, and the infusion needle should be directly placed into the sharps box to avoid sharp instrument injuries caused by not treating them in time after the needle is removed
(2) It is forbidden to put back the needle cap with both hands, and if you need to cover the cap, you can only cover the cap with one hand or borrow a special cap device; It is forbidden to bend contaminated needles; It is forbidden to separate used needles and needles by hand; It is forbidden to directly contact contaminated needles, blades and other sharp objects with your hands; It is forbidden to put sharps directly into garbage bags; It is forbidden to directly organize the needle on the lid or edge of the sharps box by hand (A-C)
(3) It is forbidden to directly take contaminated broken glass items by hand, and should use instruments such as brushes, garbage shovels or clamps
(4) When handling dirt, it is strictly forbidden to grab the dirt directly by hand, and you cannot squeeze or rummage back and forth by hand to avoid being stabbed by sharp objects
(5) Wear isolation shoes or work shoes that can cover the back of the foot to prevent broken glass and needles from falling off and piercing the skin of the back of the foot
In short, sharps box and sharps processing process plays an important role, a good sharps box is essential. Combined with various factors, Boyue Sharp Box is my most recommended product. Here’s why:
First of all, Boyue company has many years of foreign trade experience, customers in more than 30 countries in the world, familiar with the international trade process and the rules and standards of various countries, which will make the transaction very smooth and simple. Secondly, Boyue company has strong production capacity, not only can produce a large number of related products, timely delivery, but also can customize products according to customer needs, various specifications of products can be produced. Last but not least, the quality produced by Boyue is excellent, the quality is better than most similar products on the market, and if you buy in large quantities, the price will be more affordable.
sharps disposal box
where to purchase sharps containers
free sharps containers for needles
how to dispose of sharps
sharps box sizes
sharps container disposal near me
sharps box free
where to dispose of sharps containers